Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Although I Would be Fine if They Were Named "Failbugs"

I know I like to break down sayings and ignore the agreed-upon meaning or slang, but one I completely understand is "they wouldn't hurt a fly".  For someone to not want to hurt a fly they must be the most tolerant, peaceful person one could meet.  If I was a fly, I would swat myself.  No wonder flies are such jerks.  They probably have so much self-loathing and a lack of self-confidence they take it out by irritating the hell out of everyone and everything else as a defense mechanism.  If they're doing it on purpose they can deal with how horrible they are.  It's sad really.  But not sad enough for me to not hope they all explode midair like a spaceship in Star Wars.  They do have great names though.  I would definitely add them to this list.
(Everyone congratulate me on my first self-re-direction!  It's very special in a man's life after he links himself for the first time.)

No comments:

Post a Comment