Monday, February 7, 2011

Scene at the Evening News

GENE: Hey Tom?
TOM: Yeah Gene?
GENE: Great show tonight.
TOM: Thanks Gene.  Have a good night.
GENE: A-Tom- hang on a sec.
TOM: Yeah, what is it Gene?  We had a great show.  Didn't slip up once.
GENE: No, I know, it's just that.
TOM: What is it Gene, I delivered the news, what more of a problem could there be? it's a simple job.
GENE: When you say "On a lighter note..."
TOM: Yeah....
GENE: Well, we don't really need that.
TOM: ....
GENE: We know that a granny setting up a kisses booth at the fair is lighter than the bear attack.  We don't need the setup.
TOM: Maybe I didn't know that.
GENE: (sigh) Tom...
TOM: Maybe there are some people out there who hate grannies.  Yeah! And they need to be told to let their guard down, and that it's wrong- it's just dead wrong to hate grannies. 
GENE: Nobody needs you to tell them that.
TOM: I hate Grannies Gene!
GENE: ...Tom?
TOM: I HATE THEM.  Leave some action for the rest of us, right?
GENE: Tom, maybe you should go and get some rest...
TOM: And maybe YOU should go eat a pixie stick!
GENE: ....
TOM: Yeah, I couldn't think of anything else...it doesn't mean anything.
GENE: Tom....
TOM: No....I'm sorry Gene, you're right.  What else can I say?
GENE: This next story will button your mittens!
TOM: For everything?
GENE: Yes.
TOM: Gene?
GENE: Yes?
TOM: I have to tell you something.
GENE: What is it Tom?
TOM: Mama Bea isn't your real grandmother.  I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment