Thursday, September 23, 2010

SINCERE, URGENT, HEARTFELT, AND DELICIOUS APOLOGY TO READERS

So as I'm sure many, many of you have noticed, I haven't been able to keep up to my own rigid standard of posting a new blog every Sunday - Thursday.  This is because I have been on vacation.  Now, I haven't had a lot of time to distract myself from life by browsing yahoo, msn, and ESPN, so I haven't been up on the news.  This means I haven't heard of any sort of rioting, increase in clinical depression, or excessive itching amongst the public due to a lack of activity on this blog.
If you have been negatively impacted by the irregularity of this blog, I cannot apologize enough.  Mostly because I probably don't know you, and therefore have no means of apologizing, but also because I don't think anyone has been negatively impacted.  Please accept this extra bonus blog as a form of payment.  It has been valued by google as worth .008 US dollars.



I've been to a lot of sporting events in my life, hundreds- and I've heard a lot of National Anthems.  Last weekend was the first time I've heard someone mess up- which is pretty impressive.  The poor girl sang "...for the LAA-AND OF THE BRAVE......(pause).....(pause some more while helicopters fly overhead, we're all wondering how she's going to end it- if she's going to flip the brave and the free or just go as planned) ....and the HOME.  OF.  THE ..........BRAVE."  It was one of the most dramatic interpretations of the song that I've ever witnessed.  I was thankful though, because we were treated to a double brave, or as my brother put it "THE NATIONAL ANTHEM: NOW WITH EXTRA BRAVE!!".  From then on, the rest of the day whenever anyone did anything good or anything good happened, it was "extra brave".

No comments:

Post a Comment