Thursday, March 17, 2011

TOP O THE MORNIN TO YEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEE EE E.

What's up guys, it's me.  St. Patrick.  So- as I see a lot of you already knew, today was St. Patrick's day.  That's me!  I'm up here in heaven, watching over everybody on my day- and it's great you're all having a good time.  Really warms my heart- and honestly who else can say they have a day named after them that people actually get excited for?  I can think of like three people.  But- you guys.... come on.  I'm all for having a good time, but can we just incorporate a little bit of me into my day?  I don't even really like green.  It's ok, but I really like aqua.  Even a nice powder blue would be cool.  How about you honor me by saying a nice prayer?  And speaking of which, you know what I'm famous for right?  No, not the snakes- what the actual person St. Patrick was famous for- a prayer denouncing paganism!  And while I appreciate the irony- it sucks when you ask someone who they think of when they think of St. Patrick's day, they don't say "St. Patrick", they say "a leprechaun".  Man, I hate that guy!
Plus, you guys know I'm the patron saint of engineers, right?  Not a group exactly known for their partying.  Give old St. Regina the day of partying- she could use the cheering up.  She's the patron saint of Shepherdesses, and there's not a lot of those around anymore, she's pretty bored.  Oh, and the pinching!  Seriously guys, wtf.

1 comment:

  1. hahaha I always thought this holiday was for children. As a school teacher I would wear green, but now that I am not I found myself wearing all black today. I was surprised, just walking around today, there were SO MANY people wearing green outside of elementary schools. People are really patriotic for Paddy. People actually were thinking of what day it was when they picked out their green outfits today. I'm shocked. If not for children, than its the holiday for dress-up-in-green bar hussies :) and hussers.

    ReplyDelete