Monday, June 28, 2010

What were you eating under there?

I know the humorous observation has been made many times that men do not like to throw away their underwear until it would scatter into many particles like a dandelion if you blew on it- (by Jerry Seinfeld, I think) but what hasn't really been talked about (at least to my recollection) is why us men are so loyal to our underpants.  I have socks that are pretty old, but once they get holes in them, it's into the trash- there's nothing special about a smelly old sock.  And I have undershirts that are over 10 years old, but once it gets worn- out the door it goes.  The point is- I do not think this underwear stockpiling is a symptom of laziness, otherwise we'd all be walking around in socks and undershirts down to the thread.
Then what is it?
I'm not sure, and I'm not sure that any man wants to travel that deep into his psyche.  All I'd like to point out from this study is that ladies- be it moms, concerned girlfriends, or disgusted wives, think twice about throwing away your favorite man's unmentionables.  You aren't fully aware of the consequences, and neither, I think, are we.

No comments:

Post a Comment