Thursday, July 29, 2010

5% of People at Baseball Games Call "Umps" "Refs". I Call Them: Friends.

Job postings are the new prank phone calls.
I think companies post them to see how many suckers they'll get to apply.
....Come to think of it, maybe I shouldn't have applied for "Executive Refrigerator Runner"....

__________________________________________________________________________________


I was at a baseball game tonight, and must have made a lot of people happy.  At least 3 grown men looked at me and yelled "AYYY!!  A DODGERS FAN!!!"  I'm not quite sure how they cracked this code and discovered my true fan identity, but they were proud enough that they did so to let everyone in the surrounding 20 feet know.  Maybe the Dodger hat and t shirt I was wearing tipped them off.  It must have been notable to them because the Dodgers were playing that day, but not at their home stadium.  Given that I was one of at least 10,000 other Dodger fans to make this trip, my being there was special, to both Dodger and Padres fans alike.  Hopefully these people attack the rest of their lives with such gusto.  "AYYY....TWO PAIRS OF SOCKS!!!"  "LOOKIT THAT!!  A THIRD BUTTON!! (after buttoning the first 2 buttons on their shirt).

The fan next to me tonight was furious that the catcher was putting his foot outside of the box that was drawn in around home plate.  He was standing up screaming at the umpire to right this wrong.  Turned out the team he was cheering for had a catcher who was doing the same thing, only moreso, and I'm 99% sure this isn't a rule.  So I had a good time making up rules I was outraged weren't being followed.  "THAT GUY PUT HIS HAT ON BEFORE HIS GLOVE TONIGHT, COME ON!!!"
"WHAT!?!  NONE OF THE PLAYERS ARE WEARING THE DESIGNATED HORSE MANE!!!  WHAT IS UP WITH THAT???"
"MY HOT DOG GOT COLD DURING THE NATIONAL ANTHEM!!  HOW IS THAT NOT WORTH TWO RUNS?!?!  SERIOUSLY!!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment