Sunday, April 10, 2011

Farewell my Love

  I think about how I miss her- how I've been missing her every day since she's been gone, and I wonder why exactly.  Part of me wonders how much I loved her, and how much I loved her consistency.  I did love the fact that she was always going to be there.  Now she's not.  Now, when I think of her, I think of emptiness.  Sometimes I wish I could go back- that I could get her back, but I know that's impossible, or at least I know that it would be wrong.  I want to call her, but I can't.  I miss her.  I miss her when I get up in the morning, I miss her at breakfast, I miss her all throughout the rest of the day.  She made me laugh, she made me smile- and the worst part is, I thought she really cared.  She didn't.  If she did, she wouldn't have run out.  Goodbye, my sweet.  My sweet, rich, sticky, delicious maple syrup.  Goodbye Mrs. Butterworth's.

1 comment:

  1. We all feel this way about our maple syrup. It will get easier.

    ReplyDelete