Sunday, November 28, 2010

I Saw Zombieland Too, but I Have Nothing Funny to say About it. It was Good Though.

My thanksgiving this year consisted of a trip to Claim Jumper, where no garlic cheese toast was available because the menu was set.  I did not give thanks for this. I did manage to get a dirty look from my mother, who maybe thought that I was being a rude guest by voicing my displeasure.  I'm sure the old prospector who started Claim Jumper is spinning in his grave.  ......but I bet HE has some garlic cheese toast.  The best part about Thanksgiving, (other than spending it with my wonderful family) was the satisfaction I got from constructing a crudely made yet highly efficient sun blocking device by shoving an old newspaper in the creases of the car window.  The ride home was made in the shade.



The cast of Harry Potter watches a screening of "Legion".

You'd think that someone would tell the actors in the Harry Potter movies to try coming up with a different reaction to magic being done other than "complete and utter wonderment".  It's been 7 movies now, you'd think that seeing a jelly bean turns into a bus would elicit nothing more than a shrug from the kids who have seen ANYTHING capable of happening.  Time travel, the dead coming back to life, and the intelligent cute girl showing an interest in the geeky redhead kid.  If you're wondering whether or not I enjoyed the latest movie, I did, however I do have two words for you:  tent dancing.

I also got a chance to see The Rock Dwayne Johnson's new movie this weekend, where he kills people because- well, we don't really need a reason, they could have just started the movie off with him saying "This is for revenge!" and then throwing a guy through a wall in front of a train that's headed off a cliff onto a box of dynamite.  That would have saved a good twenty minutes and allowed for at least three more one-liners. 

The movie I consider myself the most lucky to see this weekend was Legion, which (spoiler alert!) had a plot based on God wanting a baby dead so the human race would cease to exist.  He tried to accomplish this by sending some ice cream man/spider demon hybrids after the mother.  Makes sense. 

No comments:

Post a Comment