Thursday, October 21, 2010

How Could He Be So Mellow If He Was Yelling "Oh" All the Time?

  The idea of yelling in an argument is funny to me.  Not to say that I never do it, or I do it in order to BE funny, but the fact that it happens amuses me.  Now I know nobody rationally says to themselves, "I'm going to yell in order to prove my point!" as if the volume in which they're saying something will make the other person understand them better- but it's something we all do, like when you're speaking to someone in a different language, the tendency is to speak louder, but if it's in a different language, it's in a different language. 
So instead of yelling during arguments, I say the next time we get frustrated we just say something friendly to the other person like "Ay, wanna go play some Super Mario Kart?"  or "You know, I bet you make a great pie."  This way we can save our yelling voices for important things like when you're in a room with a good echo, or when some duck is trying to take a bath in the pool you want to swim in.  GET OUTTA THERE, DUCK!!!
And anyway, if you're really mad at someone and don't WANT to talk about something nice like Mario Kart or pie, whispering will probably make them even angrier anyway, because nobody likes a whisperer.

No comments:

Post a Comment