Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Asparagusers Syndrome

I've just about had it with asparagus.  It was behind the 8-ball to being with, being a vegetable and all, but then this whole smell thing had to come into play.  It seems that 50% of the population doesn't have the smell issue, so if you're one of the 50%, consider yourself lucky.  But asparagus doesn't taste particularly good, it's not very pretty like a nice radish or some leafy celery, and even the word asparagus isn't very attractive.
The smelling isn't a surprise though, as according to some research my crack team has done*, asparagus is a cousin of onions and garlic.  The next time I stink, I think I will blame my cousins too.  Smart move, asparagus.




*I am the only member of my team, I just wanted to mention that I had a "crack team" of something for once.

No comments:

Post a Comment