Monday, January 10, 2011

Interview with Former President Grant

ME: Hey!  Ulysses S. Grant!  Thank you for being kind enough to GRANT us an interview.
ULYSSES S. GRANT: I had no say in the matter.
ME:So, how does it feel to be on the 50 dollar bill?  That's a lotta dough.
ULYSSES S. GRANT: I do not care about such things.
ME: Hoo-boy!  So Ulysses, that is an interesting name- you know, not many people have it these days.
ULYSSES S. GRANT: Not many people have it in my day either.
ME: .....right.   The Civil War huh?
ULYSSES S. GRANT: .......
ME:Nobody was acting very civil were they?
ULYSSES S. GRANT: No.  Many people were killed.  In a horrible manner.
ME: Yes.  Well the wordplay is a lot funnier now, a lot of time has passed.
ULYSSES S. GRANT: It is not funny to me.
ME: Man, this interview is not going very well either....Ulysses!  You have any questions for me maybe?
ULYSSES S. GRANT: I am curious as to how I came to be in this place.  The last thing I remember was addressing my troops. Can you please return me to my war?
ME: Don't worry about it, you already died a long time ago.
ULYSSES S. GRANT: Oh. I see. Well did I die a happy man?
ME: ........That's a nice beard you have.







No comments:

Post a Comment